1. Be prepared to be addressed by your first name, even if you have not invited people to use that. It is not considered rude there and is totally acceptable to do so.
2. Always stand in a queue whenever you are at a counter, as it is breaking the queue or standing apart from it is considered highly rude in Australian culture.
3. Do remember that Australians are not evasive when it comes to having a conversation. Do not get offended by the straight forward nature of people there.
4. Keep in mind that Aussies use a lot of slangs and they make short forms of almost everything. Be prepared to understand the slang when you are in Australia.
5. Do not forget to bring a bottle of good wine or a small gift whenever visiting someone’s place on an invitation.